What to do with a tiny eye lash poking you? Do you have to yank it?

See An Optho. Sometimes eyelashes can grow inward causing irritation or even abrasion of the cornea (top layer of the eye). If this is a chronic problem, best to see an ophthalmologist. It is very painful and dangerous to remove and eyelash yourself. Although the ophthalmologist may agree that is the best treatment, they will preform the procedure in a sterile and safe way.