I have a swollen eyelid. Do I need to see an opthamologist for this or my general practitioner?

Dr. Gregory Vipond
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Eyelid Rash Treatmen
If you have a simple rash of the eylid without any change in your vision, then either a dermatologist or ophthalmologist can help.
If there is any change in your vision, then i would recommend an ophthalmologist.

In brief: Eyelid Rash Treatmen
Dr. Gregory Vipond
Dr. Gregory Vipond
Dr. Theodore Caspe
In brief: Yes and No
Most of the time your pcp can take care of this.
If it is allergic then anti allergy meds are appropriate. If there is crusting where the lashes come out it cane be treated with some mild scrubs with an antibacterial soap. If you have a skin infection like cellulitis then an antibiotic will treat it. You pcp can determine if you need to see an ophthalmologist right away.

In brief: Yes and No
Dr. Theodore Caspe
Dr. Theodore Caspe
Dr. Jack Hinkle