I am being treated for the herpes virus in my eye. Is there a safe way to prevent this from coming back?

Dr. Clement Cheng
Ophthalmology
In brief: Possibly
Prevention for recurrent herpetic infection for the eye has been demonstrated in the herpetic eye disease study (heds) which showed that oral antivirals (acyclovir) at a low dosage for an extended period of time does lower the risk for recurrence significantly.
Please see your eye doc or a cornea specialist who will be able to help you with this. Also keeping a strong immune system is important.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Clement Cheng
Dr. Clement Cheng