Why don't my eyes focus light into a point? They tell me that's why i'm needing glasses.

Dr. Tal Raviv
Ophthalmology

In brief: Ametropia

You may be nearsighted, farsighted, and/or with astigmatism.
These are common findings in the population, where the light bending (refracting) power of your cornea and lens doesn't match the distance to the retina. Glasses or contacts can neutralize this. More permanent correction can be accomplished with laser vision correction, such as lasik.

In brief: Ametropia

Dr. Tal Raviv
Dr. Tal Raviv
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Glasses

Patients that need glasses have eyes that do not focus light into a si gle point on the retina.
Glasses focus the light into a single point on tge retina and provide sharp vision.

In brief: Glasses

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Andrea Brand