Would I be a poor candidate for lasik surgery if I take medications that cause dry eyes?

Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology

In brief: Dry eye and LASIK

Patients with dry eye may need to use artificial tears or even Restasis for a month or so prior to having lasik.
This will not only improve lasik outcomes and patient comfort, but it will also lead to more accurate pre-operative testing and planning.

In brief: Dry eye and LASIK

Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Maybe

Medicines that cause dry eye can delay healing after laser surgery.
As long as the dryness is treated and stable prior to surgery, the laser surgery can often still be safely be performed.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Andrew Oswari

In brief: Possibly

That is one thing that they were very concerned of in me.
That is one of the tests they will run when seeing if you qualify for lasik. Evaluations are usually free so you should just go ahead and do it.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Andrew Oswari
Dr. Andrew Oswari
Dr. William Forsythe