I have contacts, would not wearing swim goggles make my eye dry ?

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: No

No. Wearing eye goggles would not cause dry eye.
The tear glands produce tears arounds the eyes and goggles actually would keep the moisture from evaporating and keep more fluid on the eye.

In brief: No

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Mitchell Vogel
Ophthalmology

In brief: Do not wear CL

I advise all my patients not to wear contact lenses in the pool.
Many chemicals and bacteria can get into the contact lens and cause problems. Using googles may help a little, but you still will have water exposure. You will continue to blink with goggles so dry eye would not be a big issue with short term use of goggles. Try prescription swim goggles. Good luck.

In brief: Do not wear CL

Dr. Mitchell Vogel
Dr. Mitchell Vogel
Dr. Marsha Davis