My eyes are blurry from swimming, I can barely see anything; should I just wait longer and see what happens?

Dr. Alfred H. Rivera
Ophthalmology
In brief: Corneal swelling.
You likely are experiencing some swelling in your cornea, the clear front portion of your eye, from exposure to the chlorine and salts in the pool water. If you open your eyes while in the pool and are not wearing a swimming mask or swimming goggles, this is more likely to happen.
Your cornea is likely experiencing an osmotic accumulation of pool water from the corneal exposure to the chlorine.

In brief: Corneal swelling.
Dr. Alfred H. Rivera
Dr. Alfred H. Rivera
Dr. Peter Kurzweil