What is lactose intolerance? Does it cause bloating?

Can't digest lactose. A normal person eating a healthy diet including dairy products can get flatulence or bloating. One reason is excess fiber. Since humans don't digest the fiber, intestinal bacteria will feed on it and make gas as a byproduct. Another reason is lactose intolerance, in which one can't digest the lactose (milk sugar) he eats. Again, bacteria will feed on it. Gas can build up, causing bloating.
Yes. The loss of the lactase enzyme allowing the body to breakdown the milk protein/sugar lactose. Bloating is a common side effect. This is not a food allergy.