What was your experience with lupron (leuprolide)?

Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Depends/ indications
I agree with the prior answer in context, but want to weigh in on other uses.
Studies show Lupron (leuprolide) in the depot form is effective at shrinking fibroid volume by about 1/3 in 3 months. This gives a proven statistically lower blood loss in women preparing for surgical myomectomy. Also Lupron (leuprolide) in the non-depot form is safe, effective and routinely used in stimulations for ivf.

In brief: Depends/ indications
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Michael Fox
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Terrible
Hate the drug. It has bad side effects and very few indications in my opinion.
If it's given for endometriosis or pain, there are other treatments. The most effective treatment of endo is surgical excision. This can cure the disease but there are few providers capable of this procedure. Recurrent pain after surgery needs to be addressed but Lupron (leuprolide) is not the answer. Ther are a few indication.

In brief: Terrible
Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Michael Fox