When is a liver transplant necessary if I am suffering from biliary atresia?

Eventually. When a patient has biliary atresia then progression of liver failure may be slowed permanently or partially. Liver function must be continually monitored. Any rise in liver function tests or signs of coagulopathy or portal hypertension need to be assessed by liver transplant specialists.
See your doc. Can't tell when you are ready for a liver transplant. There are different gradations of severity of biliary atresia, and liver abnormalities due to it. Your picture looks like you're an adult, so it is different than infantile biliary atresia. Check with doc re: liver chemistries, liver damage, perhaps biopsy changes. See if you can get surgical treatment. If failed, may need transplant.