Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) and hirsuitism. What can help?

Varies. Many women improve by using ocp's for cycle control and ovarian suppression - this gradually decreases the elevated testosterone that cause the hirsuitism. There are also medications that can block the elevated testosterone and minimize the progression of the hirsuitism.
Hormone Balance. The signs and symptoms that arise for pcos are due to excessive estrogen. Any way that you can decrease estrogen exposure may help. Others may also recommend balancing your excessive estrogen with additional progesterone. You can explore decreasing your estrogen by reading: the anti-estrogen diet.