Is artificial insemination a solution for me if I want to optimize chances of in vitro?

Do you mean ICSI? Icsi (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) injects a single sperm into each egg; with conventional in vitro fertilization (ivf) we just mix eggs and sperm in the lab and let natural fertilization occur. 3 reasons for icsi 1. Abnormal sperm tests pre-treatment/ on day of egg retrieval 2. Surgically retrieved sperm 3. Reduce errors in pgd testing for single gene conditions. Otherwise icsi doesn't help.