Does marijuana cause barrett's esophagus?

Not known yet. Marijuana does affect the intestinal tract, which includes the esophagus, stomach, and intestines. It is uncertain if marijuana worsens gastroesophageal reflux (the cause of heartburn and Barrett's esophagus changes), improves GE reflux, or has no effect on reflux. Those who like marijuana say that marijuana improves reflux symptoms, but there is not good research evidence to back up their claims.
Barrett's. This is a change in the esophagus in response to longstanding reflux. It is a precancerous change which requires frequent surveillance EGDs to make sure cancer is not developing. Not caused by marijuana.
No. This makes no sense biologically. People haven't even studied this because it's such a far-fetched idea.