What is the surgery for multiple rib fracture secondary to vehicular accidents?

Dr. Benjamin Taylor
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Depends
For my patients, I use low profile plate and screw systems to realign the rib fractures.
I have developed a muscle sparing technique and this allows immediate exercises with the torso and shoulders after surgery. Youtube drbentaylor and rib fracture flail chest to see an example video.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Benjamin Taylor
Dr. Benjamin Taylor
Dr. Raymond Raven
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Depends
Most rib fractured are treated by supportive care, that is by addressing the pain associated with the fractures but not treating the fracture directly.
Rib fractures are treated surgically with plates and screws when associated with injured organs (spleen, liver, etc) in order to decrease the risk of further injury and complications.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine