What is the surgery for multiple rib fracture secondary to vehicular accidents?

Dr. Benjamin Taylor
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Depends

For my patients, I use low profile plate and screw systems to realign the rib fractures.
I have developed a muscle sparing technique and this allows immediate exercises with the torso and shoulders after surgery. Youtube drbentaylor and rib fracture flail chest to see an example video.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Benjamin Taylor
Dr. Benjamin Taylor
Dr. Raymond Raven
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Depends

Most rib fractured are treated by supportive care, that is by addressing the pain associated with the fractures but not treating the fracture directly.
Rib fractures are treated surgically with plates and screws when associated with injured organs (spleen, liver, etc) in order to decrease the risk of further injury and complications.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine