How long after a heart attack do you stop thinking every chest pain is another?

CP. General rule of thumb: chest pain which is severe lasting more than 30 min considered a heart attack. Pain mostly localized retro- sternally. Associated with tachycardia, sweating, anxiety. Having said all these symptomsmay not be present, severity of pain differs in perception, so when in doubt go to the er.
Depends....... You will always do that to some degree, but it will lessen over time. The first year is the toughest. Remember that the one good thing about having a heart attack is that you know what one feels like. So, if you have pain similar to the heart pain you had with your heart attack, that is much more concerning than other 'pains.' the key is: if it scares you, go get checked.