5 doctors weighed in:
Does taking tamoxifen really benefit dcis?
5 doctors weighed in

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
2 doctors agree
In brief: Yes, for ER+ DCIS
The addition of tamoxifen to surgery and radiation therapy for dcis significantly reduced the risk of invasive cancer on the same beast by 40 % and risk for in situ breast cancer on the other breast by 60 percent.

In brief: Yes, for ER+ DCIS
The addition of tamoxifen to surgery and radiation therapy for dcis significantly reduced the risk of invasive cancer on the same beast by 40 % and risk for in situ breast cancer on the other breast by 60 percent.
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Thank
Dr. Sean Canale
Breast Surgery
2 doctors agree
In brief: Yes
Tam has 3 rolls-1)w/invasive cancer, it's systemic therapy like chemo 2)in breast conservation (dcis or inv) it reduces the risk of local recur above and beyond surgery & XRT 3)it reduces the chance do a second/new er+ breast cancer elsewhere in the same or opposite breast by 40-50%.

In brief: Yes
Tam has 3 rolls-1)w/invasive cancer, it's systemic therapy like chemo 2)in breast conservation (dcis or inv) it reduces the risk of local recur above and beyond surgery & XRT 3)it reduces the chance do a second/new er+ breast cancer elsewhere in the same or opposite breast by 40-50%.
Dr. Sean Canale
Dr. Sean Canale
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Arnon Rubin
Board Certified, Internal Medicine
20 years in practice
162K people helped
Continue
107,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors