Why is my nipple inverted after breast reduction?

Depends. If the nipple was inverted before the procedure then breast reduction alone will not correct that. If it wasn't beforehand, there may be some traction/tension on the deeper tissues that are pulling the nipple into the breast mound. If its early after surgery, swelling of the surrounding tissue can give the appearance of inversion. Go back and talk to your surgeon and let him/her evaluate you.
Various reasons. More than likely, you still have swelling which causes the nipples to appear inverted. Other causes could be a tug on the nipples from the surgery itself. Both should correct over time.
Duct traction. Any traction on the ductsl system of the breasts may produce an inverted nipple. This occasionally occurs in the postoperative period due to swelling and is likely to relive with settling of the breasts. Give it at least 6-9 months prior to any intervention.