What does appendicitis pain feel like?

Dr. Mark Hutchinson
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Right lower quadrant

Classic pain is sharp, stabbing pain in right lower quadrant pain with rebound tenderness which means if you press down and let go really fast that it hurts when you let go.
Atypical appendicitis can be milder pain and diahrea.

In brief: Right lower quadrant

Dr. Mark Hutchinson
Dr. Mark Hutchinson
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Severe pain

Appendicitis can sometimes be a tricky diagnosis due to the different symptoms in different people.
However, the classic symptoms are of severe, progressively-worsening, sharp pain, well-localized to the right lower abdomen. This pain does not typically come-and-go. I had appendicitis over 30 years ago and can still remember the pain.

In brief: Severe pain

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen