I am thinking of seeing a chiropractor for my low back pain but I ahve never seen one. Is it dangerous?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management
In brief: Possible
Many times conservative care can include chiropractic care.
if you are not better soon (less than 10 treatments), then consider other options like a spine fellowship trained pain specialist. Surgery is typically reserved for those with weakness, sensation changes or persistent pain despite all conservative care and injections done have not provided relief.

In brief: Possible
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Mehul Desai
Pain Management
In brief: Not typically
It is not typically dangerous.
However it may be important to have an accurate diagnosis prior to treatment with a chiropractor. Also i would be very careful about manipulation, the data is mixed at best and although it may help in the short term, long term benefit is unlikely and it may even be harmful.

In brief: Not typically
It is not typically dangerous.
Dr. Mehul Desai
Dr. Mehul Desai
Dr. Eric Weisman