What can I do about my severe low back pain?

Family practioner. It is essential to determine the diagnosis and your family doctor should be your first line of inquiry.
Spine Pain Options. This pain in the distribution as you suggested is the result of an irritated nerve or facet joints or other injury typically in the lumbar spine (low back) which are caused by herniated disks, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease, etc requiring further evaluation by a spine specialist and may be candidate for facet injections/radiofrequency ablation and epidural steroid injection.
Find the cause. You need a physician to identify the cause and then treat the cause to get rd of the problem. Back pain can be caused by spasm , but the spam can be there to try to protect a damaged aea like a ligament or muscle tear that needs to be treated. See a doctor to start the process.