What is done during scoliosis spinal surgery?

Many things . Careful positioning to avoid pressure on certain body areas, various monitoring device placement like nerve & oxygen levels, blood loss control techniques, appropriate imaging when indicated, careful counting & assessment of levels operated on, careful handling of all tissues, avoiding too much stress with instrumentation on the bone interfaces & on over lentghening the spinal cord & a correct fix.
Fusion. Usually is an spinal fusion.Many factors to be consider depending upon how many levels are to be fused.Depending upon the surgeon preference spinaql instruments are used such as rods, screws and bone graft, the bone used is usually a combination of you own bone(autograft) with bone bank(allograft) and some subtances that enhance bone healing and of course correction of the.