Do I see a neurosurgeon or othopedic surgeon for spinal surgery? I am getting conflicting opinions.

Dr. Kevin Vaught
Neurosurgery

In brief: Both are ok

Both neurosurgeons and fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeons treat spinal disorders.
It is worth your time to learn about your surgeon before considering surgery. Hopefully, your primary care doctor can help to point you in the right direction. The most important thing to do is to make sure that the surgeon you choose has expertise in treating your problem.

In brief: Both are ok

Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Peter Ihle
Fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon is my recommendation.

In brief: Either

Either can do the spinal surgeon.
I would ask around and see who in your town has the best reputation.

In brief: Either

Either can do the spinal surgeon.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Check reputation

For most spine conditions, orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons do surgery.
It is probably more important to know their general reputation than to know about which way they trained. Thank you for your question.

In brief: Check reputation

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman