My family is worried about me having a home birth?

Dr. Timothy Brown
In brief: This is normal
They will worry about you regardless but hopefully will respect your choices.
You can help by providing them with information about your preparations and contingency plans. Listen to their concerns and try to respond calmly and logically. Involve them to the degree that you and they are comfortable.

In brief: This is normal
Dr. Timothy Brown
Dr. Timothy Brown
In brief: As well they should
This was almost a necessity in the 1920's & has seen a revival over the past 2 decades by those who want to avoid hospitals.
Birth is one of the most dangerous times there is for a newborn & up to 25% have problems in labor and 10% end up needing advanced perinatal care. Locally, midwives deliver at a hospital backed up by OB's that can provide immediate assistance. I consider the practice foolish

In brief: As well they should
Dr. Jane Van Dis