Can a general surgeon remove my gallbladder and fix my rectocele/cystocele all at the same time?

Dr. Michael Hulse
Gynecology
In brief: Not usually.
Although these procedures can be done at the same time, it would be unusual for a general surgeon to perform cystocele or rectocele repair. More commonly these procedures would be performed by a gynecologist, urogynecologist or a urologist.
Just be sure that whoever does your surgery has a lot of experience performing these types of procedures. Never hesitate to get a second opinion.

In brief: Not usually.
Dr. Michael Hulse
Dr. Michael Hulse
In brief: Depends
I personally know a few general surgeons who continue to " do it all".
They are usually in smaller towns where politics don't dictate the scope of one's practice. In a larger medical community, you may find the combined approach: gs+gyn or gs+crs more common. If it is an elective situation, do a little home work and interview a few doctors.

In brief: Depends
Dr. George T Tsai
Dr. George T Tsai
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery