Is loss of bladder control the same thing as incontinence?

Dr. Lillian Schapiro

There are several types of incontinece, urge, stress and overflow.
Urge incontinence may require medication. Stress incontinence may respond to exercise or a quick in office procdure called renessa. Other surgeries are more extensive. Timed voiding, justy emptying your bladder every your or 2 can go a long way toward managing the problem. Renessa is new. You can contact me about it.

Dr. Lillian Schapiro
Dr. Lillian Schapiro
Dr. Nicole Bullock

In brief: Yes.

Incontinenece is the loss of bladder control.
Sometimes this is due to stress and change in abdominal pressure like with coughing / sneezing / laughing. Sometimes, there is incontinence due to an over full bladder and poor muscle tone of the bladder. And, sometimes incontinence is due to nerve damage to the bladder which also changes the muscle tone.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Nicole Bullock
Dr. Nicole Bullock