Is melanoma a vitamin d deficiency cancer?

Melanoma. No. If anything, people at greatest risk for melanoma, those with high exposures to sunlight or UV light, have normal levels of vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency has been reported as a risk factor for some cancers but the data is inconsistent.
Unclear. There has been data on both sides of the fence on this issue. Unfortunately i believe that it is not directly linked to this deficiency.
Maybe. In the women's health initiative, 400 iu of vit. D did not decrease melanoma except in those who had a history of nonmelanoma skin cancer, a high risk group for melanoma. Many people who have taken larger doses of vit. D (2000-5000 iu) have found that they burn little or not at all in the sun. The pigment that tans us reduces penetration of uv and helps repair dna damage from uv that causes cancer.