How much vitamin d is needed to increase the level of testosterone?

Deficiency State. If you are vitamin d deficient, you should see medical attention in an effort to raise this level back to the norm. As for your health in general, i would expect an across the board hormone flux during the times of great stress or serious illness. If your morning peak testosterone levels are below 300 ng/dl, then you need to have it treated with testosterone replacement therapy.
Probably over 3000IU. A recent study from austria, administered 3, 332 iu daily for 1 year and saw a significant increase in testosterone at the end of the study. They only tested overweight men who did not have diabetes and were in a weight reduction program. Several studies have shown that overweight men have lower testosterone levels than normal weight men.