I had an abortion when I was about 8 weeks pregnant. Just before the procedure I was asked if I would mind having another procedure performed on me called chorionic villi sampling (cvs). They said it was to train one of the doctors, who was being overseen

Dr. Myra Skluth

In brief: Cvs is prenatal test

Cvs is genetic test for birth abnormalities that can be done at earlier stage of pregnancy than amniocentesis.
--8wks vs16wks.

In brief: Cvs is prenatal test

--8wks vs16wks.
Dr. Myra Skluth
Dr. Myra Skluth
Dr. Miguel Cano

In brief: Thank you

Cvs is a delicate procedure used to obtain placental tissue from an embryo/fetus to analyze for chromosomal abnormalities.
Your willingness to have someone attempt or learn prior to your procedure is how docs obtain their skills. Thank you for helping train a new colleague & for future patients who benefit from cvs. It shouldn't affect you at all & you wouldn't have noted any difference.

In brief: Thank you

Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Eric Weisman