I am trying to get pregnant and taking estradiol. I just started ovulating today. Should I stop taking it?

Dr. Scott Roseff
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Ask your doc

Your reproductive endocrinologist should be the one to tell you when to stop.
Most women taking Estradiol are given it to thicken the uterine lining prior to ovulation. Once ovulation occurs, most docs stop the estradiol.

In brief: Ask your doc

Dr. Scott Roseff
Dr. Scott Roseff
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Probably

Estrogen use for ovulation indiction is usually to try and improve the endometrial lining or the cervical mucus.
If we use estrogen then we usually stop it at ovulation. You really need to talk with your doc to understand why you are on estrogen and thus when to take it and when not to take it. In the wrong dose, estrogen can prevent pregnancy. Best wishes.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham