When I started using the q- var for my asthma I never loose any weight even if I go on diet or exercise.. Is there any factor that using q-var can gain weight ..?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Systemic...
Systemic steroids can lead to weight gain but, inhaled steroids are used because very little of it is absorbed systemically, thus avoiding this side-effect.

In brief: Systemic...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Rarely
Any inhaled steroid can have systemic effects if taken in high doses.
However, another cause of your difficulty with your weight may be present, talk to your physician.

In brief: Rarely
Dr. William Walsh
Dr. William Walsh
Dr. Clarence Wimberly
In brief: Q-var with weight
Q-var is very good medication for asthma.
It is a steroid with very little absorption into your body. I would believe that there is very little chance of it causing a weight problem.

In brief: Q-var with weight
Dr. Clarence Wimberly
Dr. Clarence Wimberly
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine