What is the effect of herceptin (trastuzumab) on tumor?

To kill cancer cells. Herceptin (trastuzumab)-or traztuzumab is an humanized antibody againsts her2neu receptor. This biological therapy is given to treat certain cancers that are positive for her2neu receptors on their cancer cells. Once the Herceptin (trastuzumab) binds the her2neu receptors on the cancer cells, it will supress cancer cells proliferation/growth that lead to cancer cells stasis and eventually will apoptosis/die.
Herceptin (trastuzumab) Trasuzumab, is a humanized antibody to the her-2-neu receptor, in the erb family of receptors. It blocks these receptors from their abiliy to institute cell cycling, and thus those expresing her-2 neu antigen/receptor can be blocked, and teh cells can apoptose.