Is it better to be her 2 positive or negative for breast cancer?

Cannot control. I think it's best to play with the cards that you are dealt: if one is her2(-), this usually reflects a less aggressive cancer (although this is only one piece of the puzzle); if one is her2(+), there is a very effective chemotherapeutic agent that can only be used in this setting, herceptin (trastuzumab). Either way, we have many very effective options for breast cancer rx and the odds are in our favor.
Her-2-neu +. Is growth factor carrying adverse prognosis, but also affords a treatment option, herceptin, (trastuzumab) the her-2-neu + patients get. Triple negative is worse in prognosis than er/pr- , but her-2-neu positive. Being erudite about prognosis does not eliver psycho/emotional comfort. You can survive with poor prognostic signs, and you can proress and die despite all positive factors. Seek peace/accept.