Should somebody with a family history of breast cancer be more adamant about examination early in life?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Even with + fam
Hx, evidence does not support early mammo's, and they add radiation exposure.
Adamant or not, the yield is so low that the risk outweighs it. It it were risk free and cheap, and there are ultrasound devices in development that might do this, there might be a case.

In brief: Even with + fam
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery
In brief: Depends on age
You need to know who in the family has breast cancer and at what age.
First degree relatives (mother, father, sister, grandmother) and very important. Do not forget your father's side of family. Breast self exam is important for every women. I advocate breast self exam for young women so they can develop good habits.

In brief: Depends on age
Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Steven Seres