If they remove my breast tumor will it disfigure my breast?

Dr. Mark Pack
Surgery
In brief: Depends
Depending on the size of the tumor and the size of the breast, the deformity that may occur varies greatly.
If the tumor is large and the breast is small, the change of a disfiguring change is high. The larger the breast, the less likely the surgery will disfigure the breast. Discuss this with your surgeon.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Mark Pack
Dr. Mark Pack
Dr. Sean Canale
Breast Surgery
In brief: Hopefully not
Benign breast tumors (i.
e. Fibroadenomas) can be addressed percutaneously via vacuum assisted excision or cryoablation with min. Scar and little or no cosmetic effect. Cancer treatment will leave a scar. A secondary goal of breast conservation (after appropriate treatment of the cancer) is to preserve a cosmetically appropriate breast. Oncoplastic techniques may assist in this regard.

In brief: Hopefully not
Benign breast tumors (i.
Dr. Sean Canale
Dr. Sean Canale
Dr. Adam Smith