How long is recovery time after breast reduction surgery?

Dr. Scott Tucker
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It depends on activi

Most people can be up and about the day after the surgery.
Off pain meds in a week and able to play tennis in 6 weeks.

In brief: It depends on activi

Dr. Scott Tucker
Dr. Scott Tucker
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Few weeks

Every patient experiences a different recovery “time” after breast reduction surgery.
Most patients are over the “hump” approximately one week after the procedure is performed. I ask patients to avoid heavy lifting/strenuous activity for approximately one month after the procedure. Despite this recovery time, patient gratification is almost instantaneous after this operation.

In brief: Few weeks

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery

In brief: Not long

My pts leave the hospital the same day often w less pain than they had preop.
Waterproof dressings allow for no interruption in showering but immersion in water is out for a few wks as are shock-inducing sports housework such as sweeping etc holding kicking toddlers&physical employment. Office work can beresumed as soon as pt feels up to it- often with in a day. Go out to eat the evening of!

In brief: Not long

Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Jane Van Dis