How can I convince my sister to get breast reconstruction? She doesn't care.

Dr. Alex Lechtman
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Please don't try.
Breast reconstruction is a very personal thing.
She will do it when she's ready if she ever is. I always include doing nothing as part of my reconstruction options.

In brief: Please don't try.
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery
In brief: Agree with others
My colleagues have provided great answers.
It is important to know that reconstruction can be done years later after treatment is complete. This option is always available and will still be covered by insurance. Please do not cause any more stress by imposing your ideas and wishes, although you mean well. She can wear a bra w/ prosthesis and feel great about her decision.

In brief: Agree with others
Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Scott Tucker
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Just be supportive
Breast recontruction is a personal thing both in whether do to it and how to do it.
. All you can do is support your sister as she is going through cancer treatment. Sometime just getting through the cancer treatment is all a patient can mentally handle. Good luck to your sister. Dr t.

In brief: Just be supportive
Dr. Scott Tucker
Dr. Scott Tucker
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: You Can't
Inasmuch as I am certain you are trying to do what's best for her, you may be imposing your priorities rather than hers.
This is a personal choice rather than a good:bad option. If you feel she is not making an informed decision, perhaps she will be willing to see a reconstructive surgeon with you, if only to reinforce her opinion.

In brief: You Can't
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Robert Schnarrs
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Breast reconst
Good evening i perform 3 procedures a week, first you can not make that decision for her. That is her personal choice.
The easiest approach is implants. Look under my gallery dr schnarrs on my website.

In brief: Breast reconst
Dr. Robert Schnarrs
Dr. Robert Schnarrs
Dr. Jane Van Dis