Fibroadenoma (benign breast lump)--do I need removal or surgery?

Dr. Mazen Ghani
Radiology

In brief: Benign

A fibroadenoma is a very common benign breast mass that is found either incidentally on mammogram or ultrasound or is felt as a breast lump by the patient.
Depending on the appearance and size of a fibroadenoma on imaging, it can be followed up, biopsied, or surgically removed. The majority however are left alone.

In brief: Benign

Dr. Mazen Ghani
Dr. Mazen Ghani
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: How do you know

It is a fibroadenoma only if it has not been excised? And I do not know the distinction between "removal" & "surgery".
It needs to be excised to prove diagnosis and margins, and assure there is no other surprised microscopically.

In brief: How do you know

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi