How long should it take after a breast biopsy for my mom to get the results?

~48hrs. Most basic pathology results from a biopsy should be available in ~48hrs. The tissue needs to fix in formalin for a particular amount of time (6hrs-overnight) then be processed, slides made and stained, then interpreted. Each of these steps takes time. Additional staining or deeper cuts for furthe evaluation/markers may add another day before the full results are back.
Many centers are. Accelerating biopsy to 'read out' times. Many recognize the problem with "presenteeism" being at the desk or counter, but unable to focus while worryig about the "report". You need to ask "how long wil the report take" and then ask why does it take so long, and ask for the time off of the lag time from biopsy to path report. Some can do it in 24-48hrs.