Should a dentist call social services if a minor has severe gum disease, more than 12 cavities?

Dr. Dinh Bui
Dentistry

In brief: No

Patient education with the parents to establish a proper familial support is the key.
Calling a social services will discourage the parents to come to dental professionals for help of their child. Dentist should appreciate the fact the they are trusted upon to help and to serve, not to judge.

In brief: No

Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Dinh Bui

In brief: Good question

I don't think so .
I think that i would sit down with the parents and educate them on dental care for there child and why this has occurred. Depending on the age it could be milk bottle syndrome. There could be a genetic disorder. If the child is older there could be poor oral hygiene. In my office we now do a saliva test on all patient to check for caries suptiblity. If appropriate the child isof.

In brief: Good question

I don't think so .
Dr. Richard Charmoy
Dr. Richard Charmoy
Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dentistry

In brief: No

So far our country does not believe that eating a healthy diet and practicing good oral hygiene is a criminal offense.
.Otherwise most of all americans would be in jail.

In brief: No

Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dr. Vicken Poochikian