I have horrible acne scars on my face. What can I do?

Dr. Gregory Vipond
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Acne Scar Treatment

There are a number of options for acne scars depending on their size, shape, depth, and skin type.
Laser resurfacing, usually fractional, may help improve the texture of the skin but may require multiple treatments. If there is deep scarring, the scars can be excised or cut out. Subcision, releasing the scar underneath the skin, along with fillers or fat can also improve the skin texture.

In brief: Acne Scar Treatment

Dr. Gregory Vipond
Dr. Gregory Vipond
Dr. J David Holcomb
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Many options

Treatment options for acne scarring depend on the type and severity of scars and other factors.
Fractional laser skin resurfacing is common therapy for mild to moderate scarring. The number of treatments depends on severity of scarring, laser type used and skin response. More severe scarring may require punch grafting or surgical removal of portions of the scarring followed by laser treatments.

In brief: Many options

Dr. J David Holcomb
Dr. J David Holcomb
Dr. John Cheng

In brief: Microdermabrasion

I have had many patients have microdermabrasion which seems to remove the top layers of the skin and it improves the appearance of the acne scars.

In brief: Microdermabrasion

Dr. John Cheng
Dr. John Cheng