If I want to change my primary care physician do I have to tell them?

Dr. Shabbir Hossain

In brief: Your choice

You don't have it.
You have every right to change doctors. Although as a primary care doc, it's always nice to know when and why a patient is leaving, just so we know what can be done better.

In brief: Your choice

You don't have it.
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Not a requirement

Patients switch doctors all of the time.
Sometimes it is for lack of results, sometimes for better geography, and sometimes a personality issue. Your doctor is likely to find out you switched when your records are requested to be transfered. Some will tell why they switched because it might improve the behavior of the first physician. Most however, do not tell.

In brief: Not a requirement

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Laura Martin
be aware, some physicians do not take you back if you change your mind. wandering can help you find better care or can be difficult, talk to your doctor before you leave about why. Best results.