Can general practitioners write prescriptions for antidepressants?

Dr. Joel Feiner
In brief: They are able to.
General practitioners are able to write prescriptions for antidepressants but in my experience, g.
P.'s are not always aware of the nuances of side effects, interactions with other meds, different kinds of antidepressants, detailed educational information for you and family. Do they have access to a psychiatrist for consultation? If they have experience with these meds and the condition, fine.

In brief: They are able to.
Dr. Joel Feiner
Dr. Joel Feiner
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: GP & Antidepressants
Some do, at least for short while until the patient can get appointment to see a Psychiatrist.

In brief: GP & Antidepressants
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali