If I have depression and can not take ssris should I see a family physician or psychiatrist?

A Psychaitrist. I recommend a good board certified psychiatrist for this. I wonder why you cannot take ssris? Ssris are antidepressant medications. There are other, non-ssri anti-depressant medications, such as wellbutrin (bupropion). A psychiatrist would tend to be the type of specialist with the most expertice in such an area. Good luck.
Or a psychologist. A psychiatrist for a med eval is a better choice if you have past probems with med. And psychotherapy is effecive treatment for mild to moderate depression even without meds.