What is the role of family physicians after health care reform passed?

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management
In brief: Family physicians
Family physicians in my opinion are the cornerstone to you health.
In the healthcare reform they will have a greater role. However, keep in mind there will definitely be a shortage of doctors.

In brief: Family physicians
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Robert Luedecke
The shortage of doctors will be taken care of by increasing the number of doctors being trained and by increasing the number of PA's and NP's that work with your doctor in providing care.
Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Same as before
There is no change in what family physicians have to do, with obamacare.
But as more patients get medical insurance coverage, there will be larger pool of patients and it will make family physicians busier.Family physicians are responsible for preventive medicine including routine physical exams, and treatment of most medical conditions and may refer patients to specialists when indicated.

In brief: Same as before
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine