Why is there irregular bleeding in perimenopause?

Hormonal changes. Around menopause, some of the hormones in a woman's body which normally vary in a very predictable way start to change. The fluctuations are not as normal, and sometimes may not even occur. Ovaries produce less estrogen and the brain senses certain changes and tries to compensate. This in turn can affect bleeding patterns. Bleeding can be closer together, farther apart, heavier or even lighter.
Hormones. Hormonal changes can cause those symptoms, but you should see a doctor for an evaluation, .