If I have gestational diabetes, should I still be careful with my diet post partum?

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Sure.
50% of gestational diabetics go on to have diabetes mellitus after their pregnancies.
Watching what you eat is a good idea and maintaining a healthy weight for your height with regular exercise is an even better one.

In brief: Sure.
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
There is blood sugar done postpartum that tells you if you still have diabetes or not.
Nevertheless, a healthy diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables and low in fats it s always recommended.The risks of persistent diabetes after gestational diabetes is around 15%.

Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Peter Kurzweil