Does smoking decrease effectiveness of birth control and increases pregnancy risk?

No. The smoking would increase your risk of adverse effects from the medication, not pregnancy.
No. However smoking increases the risk of blood clots while on birth control pills, as well as many other health risks.
Smoking. Smoking will not cause your oral contraceptive to be less effective. However, a woman who smokes & uses oral contraceptives can have increased risk for heart attack, stroke, and blood clots. Smoking does increase risks if you are pregnant.