I had unprotected sex and started my period later on the same day, is there still a pregnancy risk?

Dr. James Eitner
In brief: Always At Risk
In this case the risk would be very low, but there is alway a risk.
Any time you are having sex, you need to consider the possibility of getting pregnant. If you do not want to get pregnant, then you need to do what ever you can to minimize (reduce) the risk of getting pregnant or not have sex at all.

In brief: Always At Risk
Dr. James Eitner
Dr. James Eitner
Dr. Kevin Fleishman
There is always a chance for pregnancy or std's with unprotected intercourse.
It is a good idea to use two methods. Barrier contraception as well as something longer acting that is not dependent on taking a daily medication. Good long term option safe iud's and nexplanon.

Dr. Kevin Fleishman
Dr. Kevin Fleishman
Dr. Jane Van Dis