How long does menopause last?

Menopause. Menopause is defined as the cessation of menstrual periods for 1 year. The symptoms of menopause can continue for a short period of time in some women e.g. For a few months or in other women symptoms can continue for 20 + years. If you are experiencing symptoms related to menopause, see your doctor for relief of these symptoms.
It is variable! I will assume that you are talking about the most common symptoms, such as hot flashes. Here are some facts: 1 80 percent will continue to have them for more than one year. 2. They tend to stop spontaneously within four to five years of onset in most women 3. 9 percent reporting persistent symptoms after age 70 years I hope this helps you!