No one in my family had premature graying but I am! what are the options?

In brief: Graying of hair is

related to genetic predisposition.
Age of initial graying is largely a matter of genetics. However stressors: nutritional deficiencies, chemotherapy, traumatic head injuries, low vitamin B levels, zinc deficiency, severe illness, surgery & marked emotional stress may impact earlier depigmentation in people who are already predisposed to gray hair. Aging is a significant factor. In general –

In brief: Graying of hair is

related to genetic predisposition.
genetics plays the biggest role.
Dr. Michael Sinclair

In brief: No great options

The loss of pigment in hair comes from too rapid turn over of hair shafts from the follicles.
No great cures have been proven to work. Some people think that taking biotin can help.

In brief: No great options

Dr. Michael Sinclair
Dr. Michael Sinclair
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Board Certified, Anti-Aging Medicine